Pine Trees

How to Find and Remove Pine Sap or Resin on Ground added on August 22, 2015 | Answered

My dogs keep getting pine sap or resin (black gooey stuff) stuck in between the pads on their paws and it is hard to clean off and not good for them to chew on. I looked around on the ground around the pine trees in the yard and couldn't find any so I am at a loss as to how they are running into it. I need to find out how to spot and remove it from the yard. I saw none on the fallen pine cones or small branches.

I have a lot of sap trees in my yard and garden and understand this issue.

The tree will drop sap and even a pine cone that drops to the yard can spatter some sap.

Here is a link with some tips that may help but I would advise you check with your vet before using any product on your animals.

Here are more questions about Pine Trees