What's your question? Ask


Q.How to adapt a weed burner/weed wand which has a screw-in fitting to a push-in fitting for gas cannisters?

Zone PO6 3SS | Anonymous added on October 25, 2019 | Answered

I have a weed burner/weed wand which has a ‘screw-in’ fitting’ suitable for gas cannisters which have a threaded top fitting, however, I require an adapter to change the fitting so that I can use my weed burner with gas cannisters that have a ‘push-in’ fitting?, ie I want to be able to use ‘push in’ gas cannisters with my ‘screw in’ style weed burner/weed wand? I made extensive searches for adapters for this issue but cannot find the item that I require?

NOTE: Gas cannisters with a screw-in fitting are very hard to find and those that are available are extremely expensive; I have just purchased 28 cans of gas cannisters which have a ‘push-on/push-in’ fitting!

Many thanks

Regards – Patricia

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on October 26, 2019

If it's a "quick coupler" then you should be able to find an adapter. Did you check with the supplier of your cannisters? Or the manufacturer of the burner wand. That's a good place to start.

Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert