Spruce Trees

How Much to Water Miniature Blue Spruce

I have a miniature blue spruce that I transplanted from the nursery flowerpot to a larger (16 width x 15 deep) clay flowerpot. I keep the plant on my terrace where it gets maybe one hour of morning sun, and then open shade for the day. Upon transplanting, I added 5 quarts of water. Three hours later, only 1/2 inches of water drained from the bottom. This week (one week later) I gave it 2 quarts of water. Nothing drained from the bottom. How much water should this arrangement require? Do I have a drainage problem?

When you are planting a tree in a container you are making that tree totally reliant on you for nutrients and water. Give it water daily in weather under 30C and twice daily in weather over 30C.I n hot weather, you will most likely need to water once, maybe twice a day. You should water it until you see the water coming from the bottom. If there is little to no water coming out, check the drainage and fix as needed. Without proper drainage, the tree will rot and die. Also, make sure that you regularly feed your tree once a month with a water based fertilizer or once every three months with a slow release.

00
Here are more questions about Spruce Trees