Soil Amendments

How Much Organic Compost and Cow Manure Should I Apply Per Square Feet of My Garden

fareez1234 added on March 22, 2018 | Answered

I am setting up my garden bed, I have tilled it and removed the weeds and lawn grass which was there. now I would like add organic compost and cow manure. But how much should I apply so that plants get nutrients and roots do not get burnt

Honestly, I would leave the cow manure out unless it is well composted. This can be tricky to work with. It doesn't take much to over-shoot the nitrogen, causing severe damage. If you choose to use it still, I would only apply a very thin layer of about a half inch. You can mix about 6 inches of the compost into the soil, though.

To find how many cubic feet that you will need, you will multiply 6 inches (.5 feet) by the length, and also by the width.

00
Here are more questions about Soil Amendments