Fan Palm Trees

How Much Light Per Day Does the Mexican Fan Palm Require?

Palmfan1 added on August 29, 2015 | Answered

I live in a basement (do to housing complications), and I would like to keep my potted Washingtonia Robusta alive and well. Its about 1-2 feet tall. Down in the basement there is 1 window that is at ground level. It lets in light from outside. It's a south facing window, although my neighbor's house and surrounding objects probably block the sun from hitting the window. It seems to let in a decent amount of light though. I'm concerned that there may not be enough light for it. How much light does a Washingtonia Robusta require in a day? Can it survive on partial sun/shade? Will I require a growing light? If so, how many hours a day should I provide light? Heat is not an issue down there because the furnace is down there. It actually stays almost too hot for my tastes (but probably not the Washy).

Your palm will need at least 4 hours of good direct sunlight.
You can use a grow light and I would use the grow light for at least 6 hours a day. You may need to adjust this if the plant show signs of stress.
Here is a link with good growing information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/fan-palm/growing-fan-palm-indoors.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fan Palm Trees