Watering Plants

How Many Times a Week Should I Water After I Fertilize

swytpea added on December 7, 2010 | Answered

After fertilizing my houseplant, how often do I need to water it?

For most houseplants, you should be watering on the plants needs rather than a schedule - regardless of when you fertilized. What your plants needs are can vary. Some plants, like cactus and succulents need the soil to be nearly completely dry before you should water them. Others, like rubber trees or umbrella plants, need the top of the soil to be dry before you water. And still others, like African violets and many carnivorous plants, need to be moist all the time.

If you are using a water based fertilizer, that counts as a watering and then check the soil based on your plant's watering needs after that. If you are using a granular, solid or powdered fertilizer, water right after you fertilize so that the fertilizer does not burn the roots.

00
Here are more questions about Watering Plants