Poison Oak Plants

Cutting Poison Oak Vines


Anonymous added on June 10, 2015 | Answered

How long after cutting poison oak vines at base of tree is it safe to pull out of tree and burn, if ever?


Share this Question:
Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Check here if you would like to receive notifications every time this question is answered.
You are subscribed to receive notifications whenever this question is answered.
ANSWERS
Downtoearthdigs
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on June 10, 2015

The poison remains active even after the plant is dead. If you're looking to get rid of poison ivy (or oak), treat with herbicide first (to kill the roots) then, wearing gloves, hand pull dead plant material and dispose of it. Do not burn it, however, as the poison can be breathed in and will result in a nasty rash. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/poison-ivy-control.htm

Was this answer useful?
00
Looking for more?
Here are more questions about Poison Oak Plants

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.