Fig Tree

Take Care of a Fig Tree in a Container Indoors

Gwen P added on August 25, 2011 | Answered

I was given a container planted fig tree. It is losing a lot of its leaves. What is wrong? How do I take care of it indoors? I live in Texas and am afraid to put it outdoors in the middle of our very hot summer.

It may not be getting enough light. It is hard to supply them enough light indoors. Normally, when they grow in containers, they are put outside in the summer and in the winter are allowed to go dormant so they don't need light or as much water.

I would not be afraid of putting the tree outside. The heat won't hurt it as long as it has enough water. In heat like that it may need water 2-3 times a day. You can also try placing it in the shade to help reduce water evaporation so it does not need as much water.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree