Prayer Plants

How Do I Treat These Bugs to Get Rid of Them

TriciaAnne82 added on June 29, 2014 | Answered

How do I treat these bugs to get rid of them? Also, do I treat all my other plants? I have a tall prayer plant. I just found tiny pin hole size bugs under the leaves and could see one of the tiny bugs crawling on the stalk. I removed all I could see. There was also a salty feeling to these things. What are they?

I suspect that you're seeing spider mites. Prayer plants are quite susceptible to them. When you treat the plant, you should also spray any nearby plants, and make sure to spray 4 times at 7 - 10 day intervals. This is to make sure you get all the little critters as they hatch, since eggs are not affected by treatments. Here is the article that tells you how to deal with these (and even if they aren't spider mites, neem oil will rid your plants of whatever they may be:)

Here are more questions about Prayer Plants