Coleus Plants

How Do I Take Care of Coleus?

spss4 added on June 22, 2017 | Answered

I just bought coleus, how do I keep them full? Right now they are very tall and leggy. Should I pinch them back periodically? Also, will they be okay in sun?

ellie13232

Pinching will help keep your coleus more compact. Removing blooms as they develop will also help maintain a healthy long lasting plant. Plants want to ensure survival of the species and developing seeds meets this objective. By removing the flowers the plant continues to develop as it hasn't met it's goal. I like the pretty blue flowers so I usually keep a few on the plant. The sun question depends a little on where you live. Usually we see coleus in area where there receive morning or late afternoon sun, but on the coast they may tolerate full sun. You may find red leafed varieties more tolerant of sun that green leafed varieties.

00
Here are more questions about Coleus Plants