Chrysanthemum Plants

How Do I Prune My Mums

Gaileypoo added on March 15, 2015 | Answered

How do I prune my mums in the spring so they will bloom in the fall? I have a big beautiful yellow mum that blooms in the summer and fall. It stays big and brown during the winter but I want it to be beautiful again this fall.

If you did not dead head the mum plant before winter, I would do so now or very early this spring. When your mum is done with it's first bloom, cut it back. When the days become shorter this will trigger your mum to bloom again this fall.
It is very hard to determine a set blooming schedule for garden planted hardy mums. It will all depend on temperatures and daylight hours.
I live just a bit north of you, and do need to add a bit of weather protection for my hardy mums.

Here is a link about hardy mum care.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/chrysanthemum/growing-chrysanthemum-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Chrysanthemum Plants