Green Beans

How to Nurse Green Beans Back to Health

Mikeob1979 added on June 21, 2016 | Answered

How do I nurse my green beans back to health? I have a vegtrug raised garden box. I filled it with organic compost only. I planted green beans into the center of the box from seed around Mother's Day in Columbus, Ohio. Full sun spot. Seeds took off and grew quickly; however, they have stayed the same height for about 2 weeks. I found out that the vegtrug and compost dries out pretty quickly. I neglected them for a day or so in the 90 degree heat and now my plants are shriveled. I gave them some organic fertilizer and water and I have seen some life come back into them. How should I nurse these beans back to life?

Container plantings need daily water and even twice a day when the weather is warm.
You can provide some shading to the plants while they recover. Keep the soil evenly moist and wait and see. Young plants with small roots systems may not recover. If the roots are still healthy and you began to see active growth you saved the plants.

00
Here are more questions about Green Beans