Maple Trees

My Laceleaf Maple Tree Is Dying

How do I know if I'm watering my laceleaf maple tree too much or not enough? As the new leaves come out, they are beautiful; but in a couple of days, they droop and fall off. It was planted by a landscaper. It was planted in yard that gets afternoon sun. We have 90-100 days in summer. Repotted it in large container and put under a covered deck; however, as the new leaves come down, they dry up and die in a few days. Planted in moisture control mix from Sams. Also, tree had only been planted about 1 month before I transplanted it. I lost one last year because of the heat also.

As long as the tree is not in standing water, you really can't overwater a tree the first year. If it is in a container in theose kinds of temperatures, I would actually recommend watering twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. When it is moved to the ground, wanted it at least weekly for the first year. After that, it should be well established enough to just be watered when your are in drought conditions.

00
Here are more questions about Maple Trees