Poinsettia Plants

How Do I Get My Poinsettia Plant to Flower?

frankdewey added on November 19, 2012 | Answered

I received a lovely poinsettia plant last Christmas.  I tended the plant after the flowers died, and today it is a very healthy plant. But there is no sign of new flowers.  What can I do to get flowers?

This article has excellent poinsetttia information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/poinsettia/how-to-make-poinsettia-turn-red-make-a-poinsettia-rebloom.htm

Other articles are listed at the end of above article.

I wou ld suggest that while poinsettias are a bit paradoxical in that they are "tropical succulents", one should not let the plant dry out. It has been my experience with growing poinsettias and other euphorbias, the first thing they do is drop leaves when stressed. Don't over compensate and keep them too wet, or you will encounter root problems.

Here are more questions about Poinsettia Plants