Clover Plants

How Do I Dissolve Sulphur

oldplantlady added on July 10, 2011 | Answered

I want to change the pH in my lawn to get rid of all that clover. I don't want to overdo it and get the grass too, so I calculated sulphur to water to get about 1%. Unfortunately, the only sulphur I have is in these little pellets. I tried dissolving in water. Some melt but even overnight, not all. Any suggestions? I don't want to use a pesticide-type because of my dog.

oldplantlady

I'm answering my own question. First, sulphur is almost impossible to dissolve without heavy-duty chemicals. But -- after more searching I became convinced of the many advantages of a clover lawn over grass. Sounds like an ideal solution. I'm now growing a grass-and-clover lawn and will be pleased to watch the clover continue to spread. Thanks anyway.

00
Here are more questions about Clover Plants