Lemon Trees

How Do I Care for a Lemon Tree

Keren added on September 2, 2012 | Answered

I have recently moved onto a property with a lemon tree LOADED with fruit. However, there is some kind of mildew like fuzz on the leaves at the end of the twigs, and I am seeing blemishes on the fruit. How do I treat it? I also need to bring it back into shape. When do I prune it?

The tree could have some sort of mold or fungus, which can be treated with a fungicide, like neem oil. You may want to check the soil around it to make certain it is not getting too wet. As for pruning it back into shape, do not cut off more than 1/3 of the plant per year as this can hurt the plant. Pruning lemon trees isn't any different than pruning limes. The following article should be of some help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lime/tips-for-pruning-lime-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees