Dogwood Trees

How Do I Bring My Dogwood Tree Back to Health?

kathyleigh added on June 9, 2011 | Answered

I recently planted a red dogwood in my front yard. It is in partial shade for most of the day but gets the evening sun. When I planted the tree, I followed the directions and mixed nutrient enriched soil in the hole with the soil from the hole, watered regularly and placed a fertilizer stake by the tree. For weeks the tree did great, but now the leaves are curling up and it looks like they are wilting. What can I do to save my tree?

It may be transplant shock or it could be too little water. Often, people do not realize how much water a tree needs for the first year. I would increase water to the tree and this article will help with transplant shock:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Dogwood Trees