Container Yucca Plants

How Can I Fix My Wilting Yucca

Marc B. added on March 10, 2011 | Answered

I have a yucca tree that i have had for 5 years. It has always done well in my nicely sunny living room. Recently, it started to look rather sickly, with the leaves wilting downward. There was 6 tree stalks in the same pot, so I thought that seperating them into 2 separate pots would help. That was 3 weeks ago, and so far it hasnt helped. I have begun treatment for bugs and fungus. As I read these blogs on yucca care, I read conflicting reports on over and under-watering. Can someone help. Am I over watering, or is it dehydrated?  

The reason you have read conflicting advice on over and under watering is because they have the same effect on a plant. It can be confusing to determine.

But, with yucca plants, typically they are over watered because they are a desert plant and people tend to care for them too much. Water only when the first inch of soil is dry.

Even if you do properly water most of the time, one time over watering can cause root rot to set in and that will also cause symptoms like that. Here is more information on root rot: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

I would look to either over watering or root rot as the issue at this time.

00
Here are more questions about Container Yucca Plants