Locust Trees

How Big Do Locust Trees Get

vickharg added on April 18, 2015 | Answered

My neighbor planted two small locust trees close to the property line next to our driveway and where the water lines run. I am somewhat concerned about the roots getting under our driveway and what impact they might have on the water lines. Is the property line a good place to plant a locust tree? Maybe I could convince her to find a better spot on her property if I had information to give her.

Do you know what variety of locust tree that was planted? The maximum height of a locust can range from about 40-100 feet depending on the variety of locust tree.

I would say your concerns might have some validity. Here is a link to a website where it was proven that honey locust trees caused damage to somebody's driveway:
http://blogs.mcall.com/master_gardeners/2009/12/tree-roots-vs-driveway.html

I hope that helps.

00
Here are more questions about Locust Trees