Container Hibiscus Plants

Scale on Hibiscus

moonstone2818 added on May 10, 2015 | Answered

How best to get rid of brown scales on my potted braided hibiscus? I live in southwest Fl (Fort Myers). I have a 3 ft braided hibiscus that has been having yellow leaves about 15 a day. I have been removing them daily. This morning I inspected to see what might be causing this problem, and I found little scale looking brown bugs that don't remove unless you scrape them off. Too much work. What is thee best way of treating this plant? I have another that is only about 18 inches that is doing wonderful without yellowing leaves and none of these scales. Thank you in advance (my e-mail is moonstone2818@comcast.net).

Scale would definitely cause your hibiscus leaves to turn yellow. And, as you discovered, there is no easy cure. Here is an article that will give you a lot of suggestions on how to tackle the scale on your plant:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/control-plant-scale.htm

00
moonstone2818

Yes I do everybody tell me I have a super green thumb. I have approimately 90 potted plants around my house all doing well.

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants