Plant Recommendations

68ludwig added on December 24, 2017 | Answered

Hello ladies ! I am 67 yrs. young and live in West Virginia. I would love to add some plants in a front room that has a large sliding glass window that has a westerly view. This room is also home to 3 cats ! I guess my only option is to hang some plants on a large wall that faces the window. Could you recommend a plant that is easy to care for that might be an added plus for this room?? My mom passed on her gardening know how to me and I am trying to sell my plant idea to my wife who is afraid these plants could possibly poison the cats. Thanks for any input!

Although, I am not a lady (sorry I'm the only one who answers questions, currently, for the site) I will be more than happy to assist you with this. There are many, many succulents and cacti that could be perfect for your application here. The best thing about a cactus would be that it repels the animals by simply being very difficult to be near without getting poked.

There are, also, a great number of plants that, physically, repel cats.

These two articles will get you started:

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations