Houseplant Problems

Houseplant Changing Color

ktmarsh added on April 5, 2016 | Answered

I have a Dischidia (Million Hearts). I hang it outside in the summer and bring it inside in the winter. I live in Central Florida. I have had it for at least 5 years now. Recently, the leaves have been turning a purplish color. I have never seen it turn colors before. Did I allow it to get too cold (50's at night). I really enjoy this plant and would hate for something to be wrong and me not try to fix the problem. Can you help? I didn't know how to load a picture on my computer, but I found an image that looks similar to mine. This is also the only other image with the discolored leaves that I have seen.

This is likely a nutrient deficiency that is causing the color change in the plant.
Here is a link that will help you pinpoint the cause and how to make corrections to the soil.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/leaves-turning-reddish-purple.htm

00
Here are more questions about Houseplant Problems