Palm Trees

Household Palm Plant With Weed-Like Leaves

petesgal39 added on December 26, 2014 | Answered

All of a sudden, my house palm plant is sprouting out these spidery, rubbery-like stalks. There are about 5-6 so far & most are on the largest plant in the pot, but there are some smaller ones starting to grow from the smaller plants. I have never seen these before & I've had the plant 1.5 years. About 6 months ago, we moved to a new house. The old one didn't have much light & in the new house this plant sits by a glass door & gets plenty of light. What are these & what do I do with them?

petesgal39

Thanks so much! I'll leave them alone, give it plenty of light & see what happens.
I appreciate your expertise!

00

These are flower/seed pods. You can cut them off if you want, or leave them on to see what the plant will do. If it has plenty of light, they will form a few bright orange berries. Your palm (by the way, it's called a bamboo palm,) is very happy, and getting plenty of light, which has allowed it to flower. Congratulations.

00
Here are more questions about Palm Trees