Norway Pine

House Plant


Anonymous added on May 16, 2011 | Answered

I bought a couple of plants just before Christmas last year. They have very similar foliage to Christmas trees, but with somewhat of a fernish look to them. I am sorry I don't know the name of them, but they have become ill. Initially I thought they were getting root bound, but since then I found a lot of sooty balls attached to various limbs. I am only to assume that this is some sort of a fungus or mold. Do you have any recommendations? I have pruned them down a little and am preparing to repot and fertilize them. I had thought of getting a misting bottle but fear that might make the fungi worse. The weather is nice here and I even thought of putting them on my shaded patio to recover.


Share this Question:
Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Check here if you would like to receive notifications every time this question is answered.
You are subscribed to receive notifications whenever this question is answered.
ANSWERS
Nikki
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on May 17, 2011

It sounds like sooty mold, which is usually caused by pests, like aphids or scale. This artcile has more info: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/how-to-get-rid-of-sooty-mold.htm

Was this answer useful?
00
Looking for more?
Here are more questions about Norway Pine

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.