Hosta Plant

My hostas are being eaten at the stems and I am about at wits end. The hostas being eaten are next to my deck and in the mornings I find the leaves laying around. So far they have eaten 5 of my larger ones and are working on what is left. I have other hostas within 10 feet they are not touching. I have put out Sevin dust, as someone said that would stop cutworms. Have also put out some D-Con under my deck, as someone said it could be rats, mice or voles. It only happens at night, but that could be as I have 3 beagles that are in and out all day. The only rodents I see in my yard are squirrels, which the dogs quickly chase away. Any suggestions?

Answered on November 30, -0001

It could be slugs, which feed at night. This article will help: It may also be rodents. They, too, will come out at night. Do you have any deer or rabbits in the area? They will feast on hosta plants as well and may slip in under the cover of darkness., As long as the stems and roots are ok, the hosta plants will normally come back, however.

Here are more questions about Hosta Plant