Hosta Plant

Hostas

Shweathersbee added on February 1, 2016 | Answered

I'm selling my home in Raleigh, N.C., and I would like to dig up some of my hosta plants. Will you please provide all information to tell me what I need to know. Thanks Shirley

The easiest time to move or lift the Hosta, would be early spring. The plants are just popping up from the ground.
Using a good and sharp shovel cut in a circle around the entire plant.
You will need to dig down to a depth of 8 to 18 inches, depending on the cultivator.
Lift the entire plant and root system.
You will likely need to make divisions of the plant in order to fit them into pots for the move.
Some plants can easily be pulled and shaken apart, other will need to be cut with a sharp shovel or knife.
Depending on the size of the plant, spilt in half or thirds.
Use a good quality potting soil and well draining pots to plant up the Hosta divisions. Maintain the same level in the pot that they were in the ground.
Water and maintain in a part sun or shade location.
Here is a link with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/hosta/transplanting-hostas.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hosta Plant