Hosta Plant

Hostas

Millige added on July 16, 2017 | Answered

I have quacamole and stained glass hostas I received them from a nursery already about 30\\\" tall. I have them in pots until I know for sure where I want to put them imy backyard. The stalks keep breaking because the leaves are so big. Should I cut all the stalks back? Right now I just cut off the leaf where it has broken.

I'd leave it as it is and get it in the ground asap. As long as you keep it watered and in the shade, it will be OK. Losing a leaf every few days will be OK; not ideal, but OK. It looks like it wants to be a big plant. Don't settle for what the tag says, look the cultivar up on the internet for ultimate dimensions and plan accordingly. I have learned not to rely on plant tag information.

00
Here are more questions about Hosta Plant