Horse Chestnut Trees

Horse Chestnuts Seedlings for the Winter

Dodgedaddie added on September 16, 2017 | Answered

HELLO Every one. I have sprouts that I took and started in pots from a Horse Chestnut Tree. They all took an look really great. The question I'm asking is what to do with them for the winter months. I'm In Maine. Should I just take them in the house? Put in my cellar or out in the garage. Yes it would be cold but not the bitter cold/wind/snow?,,,, Any Help Would Be A Help

These trees are hardy through zones 3 to 8, and will be fine on their own, outside. However, if you wanted to ensure they make it through the winter, you can bring them in and care for them the first year that way.Here is an article with more information on the tree: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/horse-chestnut/how-to-grow-a-horse-chestnut-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Horse Chestnut Trees