Horse Chestnut Trees

Horse Chestnut Tree

My Horse Chestnut tree has never flowered or gotten chestnuts on it. The tree is about 15-20 years old. Is there anything I can do to get it to produce flowers and/or nuts? It is planted in rich soil and lives in a wooded area in Buffalo, NY.

I am not certain why your tree has not produced blooms, which of course affects its ability to produce chestnuts. While there is a chance you have a sterile tree, this would still not explain the lack of blooms. I am assuming that it is planted in an area receiving sun, as the amount of time you have had it tells me it has been flourishing. Normally, these trees will develop blooms within the first 4 years and begin setting seed within eight. Perhaps there is a problem with pollination. I am sorry I cannot be of more help to you, as this has me baffled as well.

00
Here are more questions about Horse Chestnut Trees