Holly Bushes

Hollies

I have questions on the China Doll boy and girl. I've been told you need two plants to thrive. I have two in containers outside. They are healthy. What else do I need to know?

Stick with two similar varieties of male and female plants (as you have done). When planting holly shrubs, place them in full sun or partial shade and well-drained soil. The best time for planting holly shrubs is fall, although spring is also suitable depending on your particular region. Warmer climates benefit from fall planting so their roots have plenty of time to take hold before the onset of hot, dry summers. Hollies should be spaced 2-3 feet apart, depending on the variety used and overall size. Most types of holly shrubs have shallow root systems so add mulch. Holly shrubs can also benefit from occasional pruning to enhance their appearance.

00
Here are more questions about Holly Bushes