Holly Bushes

Holly Bush Looking Very Sad

We moved to our house three weeks ago and transplanted our holly bush that we brought with us. We planted it within 24 hours and kept it well watered. It has developed brown/black leaves in the new growth and all sorts of leaf issues - some have green spots, some brown, and others are turning black at the edges. It has ground elder nearby (treated with spray - not getting it anywhere near holly) and is in between much bigger fir trees, so it has sun and shade. Should I move it/water it/leave it/feed it?

The older a plant is, the more likely it is to experience transplant shock. I would keep it where it is and continue to water. If you did not prune it when you moved it, I would prune it back by 1/3. This will help it focus on re-growing the roots it lost. Give it some bone meal to help boost phosphorus, which helps with root development.

Here are more questions about Holly Bushes