Holly Bushes

Holly Bush

I have two holly bushes in my yard - a male and female. Last season, one began to have branches that turned black and the leaves died and fell off. It looked "burnt." So, I got Daconil and treated it twice. It's continued some this season. It's less spreading as much as it is still just apparent and the leaves are not growing back. The burnt black and brown is completely dry and snaps if I try to bend them. I have photos if I can upload them here. I'm not sure if I can save it! It's very big and the damage is in the very middle. Help!

Yes, you can send in your photos to this email. Likely it is a fungus of some type, but this will make it easier to see what is happening to your holly.

Try Neem Oil as a treatment, the plant will take it up into the plant and works as an insecticide an fungicide.

Here are more questions about Holly Bushes