Plant Recommendations

High Temperature Gardening

A lot of the gardening I try to do doesn't work out. Plants do not like our temperatures at night: 26 to 28 centigrade, daytime in the shade: 30 to 34 centigrade. What type of veggies and herbs can I grow in my garden? As my garden does not have soil, but all rocks, I grow them in containers. Thank you for your time.

You should actually be able to grow relatively any herb or veggie in your region, as many enjoy heat (to a point anyway). That being said, those grown in containers need additional watering, especially in high heat. Otherwise, they will dry up and die. Plants in containers must be watered daily, even twice a day if temperatures rise above 85 F. In heat like that, you will want to water the pots for several minutes to make sure they're thoroughly soaked. This article will help with watering:

Here is more information on growing herbs and vegetables in containers:

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations