Container Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus Won’t Bloom This Year

I was given a Hibiscus and it bloomed all summer and I brought in the house for the winter, then all the leaves fell off and it looked like it was going to die. But when spring came, I took it back outside and after a few weeks, the leaves came back and then a while later buds appeared and it bloomed about a half dozen blooms. That was it. There are no buds on it right now, and just a few leaves are turning yellow. It has been very hot and humid here in West Virginia, so I keep the soil moist and I did give it plant food once. I just would like to know why it is not blooming anymore.

It likely needs some more fertilizer, especially phosphorus which helps with blooming. Use a "bloom booster" fertilizer or add some bone meal to the soil to help add some phosphorus.

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants