Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus Tree Rotting

I have a hibiscus tree in Santa Monica, CA in front of my house. It has recently started turning yellow and I noticed that the bottom portion of the bark of the tree has started to rot. Is there a cure for the rotting part of the tree? Is there anything I can do to save the tree, by wrapping the tree and putting something on it? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

It may have root rot. This article will help with that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

Make sure that the drainage is good. If the ground is continually soggy,root rot can set in, but, no, you will not be able to check for it in the ground. As a precaution, try spraying the tree with neem oil. This should address any fungus and pests that might also be the cause of this.

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants