Container Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus Tree

I have a hibiscus tree that has to be brought in for winter.the tree has grown to about 7or 8 ft tall and 41/2ft around,right now it has many buds on it.do I prune it back quite a lot now or wait to spring ? Right now it is taking up a lot of space but I was afraid of cutting it back while it has buds and blooming. Thank you

Tropical hibiscus blooms on old wood, so if you prune it in late fall or winter you will remove some of the flower buds and reduce blooming next year. It's best to prune them after their main flowering time in summer or early fall. However, if you need to prune to get it indoors, this will not damage the plant. Some varieties of temperate hibiscus can be pruned in fall without damaging blooms

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants