Container Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus Plant vs Hibiscus Tree Pruning

aladymo added on September 17, 2011 | Answered

I have an hibiscus plant (not a tree) that was given to me by one of my students in May of last year. It has bloomed all summer long (it is indoors) and is growing well (I just replanted it). Can you trim the branches of this plant without causing harm?  I was told you can only trim the tree not the plant.

Hibiscus plants (tropical types) and trees (hardy varieties) can both be pruned and cared for the same. The only real difference is how they're treated over winter, as tropical types must be overwinttered indoors, while hardy varieties require little protection outdoors. This article will help with pruning your hibiscus: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/tips-for-pruning-hibiscus-plants-when-to-prune-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants