Container Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus in Pot

I inherited two large hibiscus bushes in pots. I live on Long Island, NY and it was 40 degrees last night. Will these survive the winter if I leave them outside, maybe I should wrap them in burlap or something? Or must they come inside? Problem is, I don't have a sunny window to place two large plants in, plus I have large dogs in the house.

This depends on the type of hibiscus plant you have. A tropical hibiscus plant will not survive winter outdoors and must be brought inside. Only the hardy types can survive winters outside in your zone, and even then need additional protection when left in pots. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/wintering-hibiscus-indoors-winter-care-for-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants