Container Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus

When I brought in my hibiscus in Sept., the plants thrived nicely, then they started to shed leaves rapidly while yellowing. They were looking so sickly that I had to cut way down and nuture them. They are beautifully green and growth is strong and full. The only thing is I never see buds. I am concerned about this, as that is what I am so looking forward to. I did feed them and will be doing that again in about a week. I appreciate any direction you can offer.

It may need more sun or it may need more phosphorus. Make sure the plant is getting at least 6 hours of sunlight a day. If this does not seem to be the problem, check the fertilizer you are giving it. A fertilizer that is high in nitrogen will encourage leaves to grow but will discourage blossoms. I would make sure it is moved to a sunnier location and add a phosphorus rich fertilizer.

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants