Q.Hi I work in a building where ivy is coming in.
The ivy is spreading in from the roof and entering the building affecting the stock. Can you tell me if it is harmful, as we have mould on the stock and I suffer from C. O. P. D another member of staff has asthma.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
You certainly want to have the vine removed since it is affecting the stock. Anytime mold is noticed, it should be checked for the type of mold it is and whether it is toxic. I would recommend removing it regardless.