Fig Tree

Help My Poor Fig Tree Is Not Doing Well

Figgie added on May 26, 2012 | Answered

What am I doing wrong? After I saw my neighbor put her potted trees out and they were ok, I put mine out and the leaves paled and dried and one fell off. So I brought it back in, but it looks awful, only three leaves left, tall and spindly. In same pot for three years. It can't die as it was a gift from my daughter who has since passed so I am desparate to save it. It is late May and warmish and muggy right now, I live in northern New Jersey. . . please help me save Figero! Thank you!

It sounds like it may have sunscald. This typically happens to plants that are not acclimated, but can happen on plants that are in locations that are a bit too sunny for them. Move the plant to a location that is not quite so intense, make sure it receives plnety of water and then it should recover on its own.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree