Apricot Trees

Help! Apricots Oozing Gel

calabaza added on April 12, 2012 | Answered

Hi, I've had an apricot tree growing for four years now and every year it's loaded with fruit but at about this time of year, the baby fruit starts oozing what appears to be like a clear gelatin.

No bugs are evident anywhere. Within a month the fruits starts rotting and then they fall off. I've brought samples to home depot and they have no clue to what the problem is.

I have photos but there doesn't seem to be a way to post here, so I can email if anyone wants to see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in identifying how to eradicate this problem.

Manny

Sounds like your tree may be infected by peach tree borers. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/peach/peach-tree-borer.htm

00
Here are more questions about Apricot Trees