Hellebores

Suzy Wood added on April 23, 2018 | Answered

I have recently planted three Hellebores in raised stone pots and also planted one in a flower bed. They all get a mix of sun and shade through the day. All four are very droopy, and have been virtually since they were planted, although they are still green. Am I doing something wrong?

This can be hard to answer without a good bit of information. If you can provide a photo of each location and a description of what happened when things started going wrong, then I can better help figure out what happened.

00
Suzy Wood

Hi there, I have taken a couple of photos to illustrate the problem but I can't find any way to upload them to this site. Do you know how I go about doing that?
Two of the Hellebores were planted around four weeks ago, and they were happy up until approx ten days ago. At a similar time, around ten days ago, I planted the final one in a stone pot, at fence height, and also one in the flowerbed - I had been waiting for another delivery of compost so both had been sitting in the garden in their original plastic pots for a couple of weeks, looking quite happy - but once planted both turned very droopy almost immediately. At this point all four Hellebores are droopy, but the two planted last are the worst of the casualties. I have been watering them every couple of days, and had put miracle grow in with the compost when I originally planted each of them.

00