Hellebore Plants

Hellebores

Anonymous added on January 2, 2017 | Answered

I was given a hellebore for a Christmas gift and don't know what to do with it over the winter. To my knowledge, it is an outdoor plant and this was given as a indoor plant. I live in Maryland and now we are having freezing temperatures at night and in the 40's during the day. I don't want to kill it over the winter and would love to plant it outdoors when the time is right. Help! And thank you. Peg

It can be challenging to grow and keep a Hellebore in pots indoors.
Make sure the pot and soil are well draining, if the plant sits in soggy soil it may suffer from root rot.
Make sure the drainage tray is emptied after watering.

Allow the soil to dry slightly between watering. When the top inch of so has dried then water again.

You should place your Hellebore in a partial sun or filtered sunlight location. Morning sun and afternoon shade is a good growing situation.

Do not over fertilize.

A slow release well balanced fertilizer can be applied in the spring.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hellebore/growing-hellebores.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hellebore Plants