Bamboo Plants

Have I Killed My Bamboo Plant?

I am worried about my bamboo plant. Before I went on holiday, it was thriving and very lush and incredibly tall. It is in a pot, but needs repotting to a larger size. I was away for a duration of 2 weeks. On arriving back, the bamboo leaves have turned yellow and are very dry. Two of the bamboo stems have also turned a beigish brown. Is there anything I can do to revive this once beautiful plant? Can you help please?

It sounds like they may not be getting enough water and it is very likely that it has grown to the point where the roots have left no room for soil to hold much water. Check the roots and see how tight they are in the container. If they are very tight, you may need to remove some of the bamboo and also do some root pruning. In the mean time, try to provide more water and if you have not fertilized recently, give them a small amount of fertilizer.

Here are more questions about Bamboo Plants