Sunflower Plants

Growing Sunflowers

My sister just bought a few sunflower plants and planted them in a pot.She waters them alot and keeps them out of the sun.A few days ago I noticed they were shriveling up. I told her that they are dying because she waters them too much,and she thinks its because I put them in a sunny area.Can you tell me what I should do?

Sunflowers are available in several varieties. Most Sunflower do best planted directly into the garden, if you have a dwarf variety, these would be more suitable for a container planting.
Sunflower need full sun location. At least 6 hours of direct sunlight.
Containers and pots will need daily watering. Make sure the pot is draining of excess water and that the soil is not soggy. On warm days you will need to water twice a day.

Check the soil for moisture level before watering. It's best to check and not water on a schedule.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/sunflower/growing-sunflowers-in-your-garden.htm

00
Here are more questions about Sunflower Plants