Schisandra Plants

Growing Schisandra

Jon Shup added on March 12, 2018 | Answered

Hello! My name in Jon. I live in Roanoke Virginia which is USDA zone 7b. I am very interested in Growing schisandra on the West side of my house. I am mostly concerned about the amount of sun they will get. during most of the year, they will get at the max 2 hours of afternoon sun. what are your recommendations? Should I choose another type of plant? My goal is to grow a usable (edible or medicinal) vining plant on a trellis that will be tall enough to cover up a bare side of my house. I like schisandra and was excited to see that it grows well in part shade and in my zone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Jon

It does seem like a good spot for them! This article will give you more information about their needs: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/schisandra/schisandra-magnolia-vines.htm

00
Here are more questions about Schisandra Plants