Growing Plants Indoors and in Water Only

clbevilacqua added on September 9, 2015 | Answered

After reading the article 'Houseplants In Bottles: How To Grow Plants In Water,' I have a couple of questions. I definitely fall into the plant watering challenged, so this seems the perfect solution for me! (I also hate the dirt!) My question is this: I don't know anyone with plants that I can get cuttings from. Can I go buy several plants that are rooted in dirt and transfer them to water only? This is strictly for indoors and not to plant eventually in dirt. I want to keep them water bound permanently. Thanks for your help!

It is possible to wash the roots of smaller starter plants and place in water. The cost of small plants is fairly low so if they don't make the transition well, it would not be a big loss.
I would start with Philodendrons, Pothos, and Ivy's.

Here are more questions about Houseplants