Peach Trees

Growing Peaches

elreeb added on June 26, 2012 | Answered

I have two peach trees but every year they only grow pits, no meat on the peaches. What am I not doing right? Thank you.

heart

First of all let me ask you aquestion. Have you contacted your local county extension agent? It is hard to answer your question without more information. are your trees stressed. Peach trees need a lot of water when they are producing fruit. are the trees full of healthy leaves? Are they competing with grass and weeds for nutrients? Are they combating fungus and bacteria? My guess is your trees are stressed and not getting enough water.

00
heart

First of all, let me ask you a question. Have you contacted your county extension office? Without more information, I can only guess at what might be causing your concern. They say a peach tree needs 30 gallons of water a day when it is meating up peaches. Are your trees stressed? Are they getting enough water and nutrients. Peaches can not compete with grass and weeds for nutrients. The ground is usually kept almost bare under their canopy. Are they producing a lot of leaves?

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees