Parsnips

Growing Parsnips From a Cut Root

amandacutter added on July 31, 2016 | Answered

I've had the top of a parsnip sitting in water with toothpicks in my windowsill for about 2 weeks now. The greens were growing really well but have just started slumping. Will I have luck in keeping it going by planting it in a pot right now? We live in Atlanta, GA. Not sure we are an optimal zone for this root veggie or the timing could just be wrong. I appreciate any advice! Thanks much!

You can generally get some roots growing on your Parsnip top within a few days or a week at the most.
When you have some root growth you can then plant out into the garden again.
They don't survive long term in water.
My research shows conflicting results in regrowing much root. It's a fun experiment, but you may want to just reseed for a sure crop of plants.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/parsnips/how-to-grow-parsnips.htm

00
Here are more questions about Parsnips